Cologne 26th July 2023 - Postgraduate architects can still submit their applications for the Gottfried Böhm Scholarship until 31 August 2023. The scholarship gives the winner the chance to spend a year developing a creative and visionary urban planning project for Cologne and the region. For this period, the scholarship holder will receive free accommodation, a workplace in a creative environment in the heart of the city and a monthly grant of 2,500 euros. The Gottfried Böhm Scholarship will start in October 2023.
With the scholarship, the City of Cologne and its sponsors want to honour the Pritzker Prize winner, who died in 2021. Inspired by the work of Gottfried Böhm, the scholarship focuses on the interaction between architecture and urban development. The initiator and patron is Cologne's Lord Mayor Henriette Reker. The scholarship is offered and supervised by the Verein der Freunde und Förderer der Technischen Hochschule Köln e.V. (Association of Friends and Sponsors of the Cologne University of Applied Sciences).
The results of the work produced as part of the Gottfried Böhm Scholarship will be presented at the end of the scholarship at a reception hosted by the Lord Mayor and then exhibited for a fortnight in the Spanish Building in Cologne.
Further information on the scholarship can be found at: www.gb-stipendium.de/scholarship
Visuals: Gottfried Böhm Scholarship - visuals
Press contact: Thomas Müller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0049 151 629 09973
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed a master's degree in architecture no later than Aug. 31, 2023,
- Be a non-employee, freelance architect,
- No longer be enrolled at any university during the period of the scholarship, with the exception of doctoral students,
- Not have previously completed a postgraduate scholarship,
- As a non-EU citizen, undertake to ensure that their residence permit does not preclude self-employment for the duration of their stay,
- Not being in receipt of any other funding scholarship from the City of Cologne in the funding year,
- Have language skills in German or English, either as a native speaker or with B2-language proficiency.
What must the application contain?
- Personal data: Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Proof of identity (identity card, passport document or passport substitute)
- Letter of motivation (obligatory, 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae (obligatory, max. 2 pages)
- Project proposal for a creative, experimental and visionary planning task on urban planning-architectural topics in the city of Cologne and its periphery (obligatory, max. 6 pages)
- Evidence of urban planning and architectural experience (optional, max. 6 pages)
- 1-3 letters of recommendation (optional)
- 1-3 scientific publications on your own work (optional)
- Your application file to upload, the file name should read:
- in German or English language
Submission until 31st August .2023, no later than 23:59.